TO BE THE LEADING RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION FOR THE ACCOUNTANCY PROFESSION IN MALAYSIA
The Malaysian Accountancy Research and Education Foundation (MAREF) is a trust body sponsored by the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA).
MAREF was established in 1990 with the following objectives:
- To encourage and promote the advancement and development of accountancy profession in Malaysia.
- To provide monetary assistance in the form of scholarship, educational loans or grants.
- To organise and/or promote programmes and/or activities for the enhancement and improvement of the teaching and/or training of accountants.
- To carry out such other legally charitable activities and/or programmes for the advancement of the education and training in the Profession.
- To co-operate with other bodies and institutions approved by the Director General of Inland Revenue, Malaysia with similar aims and objectives for the exchange and professional knowledge.
- To publish and disseminate literature in advancement of the Profession.
- To encourage and promote the advancement and development of examinations for the Profession.
- To fund and/or conduct research, conferences, seminars, workshops or other similar programmes as well as surveys or development of databases that would assist in the development and advancement of the Profession.
MAREF received its certificate of registration as a corporate body under the Trustees (Incorporation) Act 1952 on 26th July 1993 from The Prime Minister’s Department. On 14 February 1992, MAREF was gazetted as an approved organization under section 44(6) of the Income Tax Act 1967 which regards any monetary donation towards the funds of this foundation as tax exempted.